-->

ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARTY

As I continue focusing on balance in my dancing, as well as in every area of my life for this season of Lent, I am gaining a new clarity and focus. I took this weekend to rest, recharge and regain momentum for my dreams and goals for 2017.

As I look back on this week during class with Maxi we went through some more choreography and I got to throw the rules out the window for one step, the rondé! It felt empowering to get my feet off the floor if only for a short period of time. Maxi was so excited clapping his hands saying: "...this is your moment, take it!!!...".

Antonio returned this week, and I learned the balance step for my bronze test which requires me to shift my weight forward and backwards. As I was practicing this step I received my life lesson. Antonio was telling me not to "vomit" steps, but to think about what I am doing and to be secure in the way I move. Of course this applies to my life as I need to have a plan and a direction to move forward on my chosen path.

At the end of the week I got to unwind for the party, and we got to celebrate Callie for her birthday! She was one of the first to arrive in a beautiful dress that reminded me of the Elie Saab creations that Halle Berry wears. Since this was the Saint Patrick’s Day party I guessed correctly that we would finally be doing my favorite dance, The East Coast Swing for the lesson as it is a lively, fun dance and totally fits the mood of the holiday.  During the lesson I focused on technique and felt flawless with my execution.

When the party started I danced the first dance of the night, a Cha- Cha, with Mario. I can see how much I have improved with this dance, especially with the shadow step that took me weeks and weeks to learn. Mario gave me a compliment, and of course at that moment I tripped over my feet! I got to redeem myself dancing the Cha- cha with Mario again later that night, but overall I am so proud of all I have accomplished!

I danced the east coast swing with Maxi, he has such a joy for what he does which helps energize me. We are lively and free as we move around the ballroom.

With Gerri I danced the Tango and the Cha- Cha. Gerri’s fearless execution taught me a lot about being bold with every step, and her different combinations were challenging.

With the Birthday girl Callie I danced East Coast Swing and Salsa. Callie and I always have a good time. She was the first one to teach me the hair comb move in Salsa, and is always encouraging giving me invaluable insights as a follower.

Just like I got to dance the first dance, I danced the last dance of the evening with Mario which was a Rumba. I was remembering all the notes I have received for this dance and it felt wonderful to see them come to fruition. As we closed the evening with Samba line dance I felt at ease up front, and I gave my all. This was a beautiful evening once again with my Daza Dance Family, and I can’t wait for the next party!

By: Kamaria George (03/12/2017)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and/or feed back!