-->

AFTER THE STORM

Today there was a tornado close to where I was. I probably should have sought shelter but I was numb from an internal storm and lulled by a false sense of security. In a few minutes the storm cleared taking with it the darkness and the rain. The fact that I had a lesson at the studio in a few hours gave me joy, and sure enough when I ascended the stairs to Daza Dance I started breathing differently -it’s like I found a window in time where I could release pain. When you enter the studio you are not just a student, you are someone who is loved and appreciated and everyone is genuinely excited to see you. Mario, Maxi, and Antonio always greet me in a way that humbles me. It’s wonderful to know that I am not just someone who dances in the studio, but that they like me and are happy to have me there.

There is tape on the wall as stars are about to be placed for the next showcase. I am always thrilled to see my name up on the wall! For this Showcase I will be doing a Foxtrot to the song “One” from A Chorus Line. When I start my class with Antonio my only goal is to throw myself into every movement and have fun! In no time as we go through the rhythm dances I am feeling like myself again. When we get to the Foxtrot Antonio is trying to draw more energy out of me. He is continuing to raise the bar to make me the best dancer I can be. I can’t wait to get started on the showcase routine and further master the dance that makes me work the hardest .Antonio said “The Holy Spirit will not make you get in position- you have to do the work!” Truer words were never spoken- in dance as in life when you put in the hard work you are able to embrace the miracles that propel you forward.

Today Antonio wants me to focus on is walking – just simple walking and I walk back and forth through the studio. By now I know this is connected to deeper purpose- to continue to build my confidence and as I continue to walk I can feel strength growing inside me. I leave the studio calming the storm in my spirit and fully realizing the power I have in creating my story – I know that I alone am the one who will decide what is written.

By: Kamaria George (12/03/2016)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and/or feed back!