-->

TRANSFORMED THROUGH PRESSURE

Today is my Birthday, and for the first time in a while I don’t have unfulfilled wishes and deep longings from regret. I am getting reacquainted with the fearless girl inside that never took “no” for an answer growing up, and I am learning to speak my mind and be more clear and concise about what I want. I started in January saying this was New Year and I am a new me- and that has materialized. I also have entered a new level in my dancing! In order to be a champion I have to continue to evolve and let myself become pure gold- but gold becomes pure by being thrown into fire.

Class with Antonio was tough! At first we were smiling and laughing during the smooth warm up and then all of a sudden Antonio got really intense. I know from working together that Antonio is a visionary, sometimes he fusses based on what he is seeing in the future and I know to begin to transform and connect to reach his intensity.  I can see my showcase routine as a diamond being formed through pressure as I am committing my choreography to memory quicker than I ever have. All of a sudden my mind goes blank for a moment and I make a misstep on my shoulder check. I could injure Antonio if I don’t execute this correctly; and I raise my hand at the wrong point. He becomes furious and for a moment I panic and my mouth goes dry. I go over the counts in my head making a mental note to go over this step in my practice sessions as his safety is of the utmost importance to me. We are a team and I need to look out for him just like he looks out for me.

Today’s life lesson is to be hot or cold or he will vomit me out of his mouth I give him blank stare because he doesn’t even realize that is a direct quote from the Bible – almost verbatim from Revelations 3:16. In the context of dancing what he is saying is to make a definite decision when taking a step. If I am wrong it will be easier to correct than if I am unsure of my steps. As I apply this to my life it means to be bold and confident about my decisions- if I make a mistake it can be corrected but if I continue to play it safe at the crossroads without taking a step I will never know how great I can become.  My last bit of choreography for the day is a kick ball change into a box step and I get it perfect a couple of times but can’t seem to repeat my success. I am feeling agitated and want to perfect the step but unfortunately class is over - I hate to end class this way. As always we end class with a hug- above everything we are friends. Classes are not always filled with butterflies and rainbows – but that’s ok. Antonio wants me to be the best dancer I can be; the best person I can be from the inside out- and I truly want to know how great I can become.

By: Kamaria George (09/30/2016)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and/or feed back!