-->

ARGENTINA COMPETITION RECAP


KAMARIA GEORGE:
Without a doubt, she is one of the most committed people I have ever met and danced with. She is always looking for ways to make everyone feel good no matter what the circumstances are. She is bubbly and sweet to every single person that crosses her path. In the last two years, she has shown an incredible amount of strength and progress not only on the dance floor but also in her personal development. The last two years she has become the only Daza Dance Embassador here in Argentina, becoming a true example of what we are all about in our studio and making a friend with every single person. I am so so proud of her for overcoming all her obstacles and fulfilling her dreams. I am so thankful for calling her my friend and have her next to me during my time in Argentina. Dear Kamaria George, you are such an inspiration to all of us. Your energy, positive attitude and love for dancing are the reasons that make me want to continue to do this. Because I see the impact that dancing is having in your life I want to continue helping people through dancing to become their real selves and achieving their dreams. Thank you so much for continuing to believe in us and helping us build a more diverse, just, equal, loving, positive, welcoming, and fun Dance Community... Te Quiero Mucho!

MABEL BUSTAMANTE:
Congratulations to Mabel Bustamante for winning the Top Newcomer Student Award at the South American Open Competition hosted in Buenos Aires, Argentina this past weekend. She performed with both of her instructors: Antonio Daza and Sebastian Colavita. We are so proud of you Mabel!!!

VALERIA CELANO:
Congratulations to Valeria Celano for winning again for a third consecutive year the Top South American Student at the World Promotions South American Open held in Buenos Aires this past weekend.... She danced one hundred times. Way to go Valeria!

ESTELA ALONSO:
This woman has taught me so many valuable lessons in just one year. She is one of those people that you immediately make a friend with because she provides you space where you can feel free to express and show your true self. Thank you, Estela Alonso for this wonderful year of dance adventure we got to share. I will forever be honored for having had the opportunity to be with you on the dance floor showcasing your amazing talents. You have more potential than the one you give yourself credit for. You deserve more than what you ask for because you put the work, the effort, the blood and the tears to achieve your all your goals. I am soooooooooooooo proud of you for winning first place in ALL dances with me including the 5-Dance American Rhythm South American Open Championship last weekend. Keep following your dreams and never give up... I did, still, do and forever will BELIEVE in you! I love you and thank you again. Besos!

ANTONIO DAZA:
Congratulations to MEEEEEEEEEE, Antonio Daza, for obtaining the 2nd Place Top Teacher Award 🥇 at the South American Open Competition held in Buenos Aires last weekend. I'm so happy and honored to have been part of this amazing event along with people a love so much. Thank you, Anna and Andrew Smart for all your great energy, encouragement and support. Also, congratulations to Sebastian Colavita for winning 4th Place and Jose Luis Tejo for winning 1st Place. Love y'all!

ENRIQUE MIGUEZ:
Last but not least, as I'm continuing to acknowledge those who I've been fortunate to work with this year, I didn't want to miss the opportunity to recognize this amazingly wonderful person. Dear José Enrique Míguez Porcal, my words can not describe how proud I am of you. Although you didn't actually dance with me at the competition I feel as if a small part of me was there with you every single time. I thank you for allowing me the chance to work with you this year 2017. You have come such a long way in your dancing since the time I met you three years ago and this year, I think, it has been the best you have done it so far. I admire the calmness and balance you portrait... you seem to never allow yourself to get stressed and bothered by the small details.... I love that and it's a quality I wish I could have haha. I wish you the best in your dancing and in your personal life. I love you!

AWARDS:
...A veces los reconocimientos no necesitan ser grandes trofeos dados públicamente para representar algo valioso y profundo. A veces un simple gesto, una palabra, un abrazo y una palabra de contención significan más que cualquier trofeo 🏆. Sin embrago aprecio muchísimo los reconocimientos hechos a mi persona primeramente por Sebastian Colavita y su estudio a quienes he tomado como propios y a quienes quiero mucho mucho. Definitivamente no me esperaba tan lindo gesto al hacerme entrega de esta placa y con las palabras que describen exactamente mi intención durante este año 2017. Gracias a todos los estudiantes que contribuyeron a que esta experiencia fuese inolvidable y llena de aprendizajes (Estela AlonsoValeria CelanoMabel BustamanteJosé Enrique MíguezKamaria S George Atlanta y todos los demás con los que tuve contacto). Como parte de la escuela de Sebastian también quiero honrar a mi amiga y compañera de trabajo Celeste Italiano por todo su optimismo y entrega al servicio de los estudiantes. Otro reconocimiento hacia mi fue hecho en la competencia por Anna Smart y Andrew Smart al permitirme llevar la bandera de mi país natal Venezuela y otorgarme el premio al segundo lugar Top Teacher. De igual forma hubieron muchas palabras y gesto de reconocimiento que aunque no fueron de forma material significaron igual o más. Gracias a todos los que de una forma u otra han notado mi trabajo, mi pasión, y mis ganas de crecer la comunidad del baile en Argentina. Besos a todos!

REFLEXIONS:
Esto no es un adiós sino un hasta luego... y es así como lo siento. Está vez por primera vez desde que he estado yendo a Argentina me regreso a EEUU sin un plan en mente de cuál será el futuro. Lamentablemente varios acontecimientos se dieron durante este tiempo que impidieron que las cosas salieran de la manera que las habíamos planeado. Sin embargo son incalculables la cantidad de recuerdos positivos que quedarán de esta última visita. Más allá de lo que los próximos meses presenten yo quiero dejarles mi más sincero agradecimiento a cada una de las personas con las que tuve contacto. No importa si fue mucho o poco porque cada uno me enseñaron algo. Argentina para mí siempre será un lugar muy especial porque ha sido lo más cercano que he tenido a mi país natal Venezuela. Argentina me recibió siempre de brazos abiertos dispuesta a integrarme y hacerme sentir como uno más de sus hijos. Eso nunca lo olvidaré.... lamentablemente cometí muchos errores, y pido disculpas públicas a todos aquellos que tuvieron la desdicha de toparse conmigo en esos momentos en los que me invadía la obscuridad, los miedos y las inseguridades. Al fin y al cabo soy humano por mucho que trate de actuar diferente jaja. Sé que mis emociones a veces se desbordan y tiendo a no pensar. No obstante me queda la conciencia tranquila de que siempre hice todo con el mayor de los cariños para dejarles lo major que tenía para ofrecerles y con la pasión que me ha llevado a alcanzar todas mis metas. En mi corazón no hay lugar para el rencor ni la tristeza, al contrario, solo amor, agradecimiento y mis más sinceros deseos para que cada uno encuentre la dicha y la felicidad que busca. Queridos amigos argentinos, ustedes me han enseñado mucho y gracias a ustedes soy una persona diferente hoy. Los extraño muchísimo y apenas llevo en Atlanta dos horas de haber llegado jaja. Por favor No decaigan nunca, sigan luchando por lo que creen, no se dejen tumbar por nada ni nadie y sepan que aquí hay alguien que siempre estará muy muy orgulloso de ustedes a solo un WhatsApp de distancia jaja. No aguanto las ganas de verlos de nuevo y abrazarlos. No es un adios sino un hasta luego! Los quiero amigos míos y gracias infinitas.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and/or feed back!